Skip to Main Content
- How long has B-CAD been in business?
B-CAD began operations in 1987 when CAD for the building industry, was just beginning to take hold.
- What Are B-CAD’s main services?
B-CAD provides 2D & 3D CAD Production, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Scanning, Training, and Printing services.
- What kind of experience do B-CAD employees have?
B-CAD employees are carefully selected, and each brings considerable experience in design and construction, particularly as it relates to their specialty A/E discipline.
- Does B-CAD have a Training Program for their employees?
At least once a week, B-CAD buys lunch and our Team gathers in our Training Area for “Teach and Learn” sessions. Our goal is for them to keep each other well informed on the latest technology.
- Who Are B-CAD’s clients?
B-CAD supports Architects, Engineers, and Contractors. We also support many business industries, such as, health care, pharmaceuticals, education, and commercial facilities.
- Does B-CAD compete with Architects and Engineers?
No, we do not accept design from owners/developers directly … we are the Production staff for the A/E’s, who are responsible for the design.
- What’s so unique about that dated old building you call home?
Yes, it is dated. It was built circa 1950 for the US Post Office and was occupied by them until 2010 when B-CAD took it over.
- Why did you purchase that building?
It’s perfect for us. It has a lot of personality and characteristics that we were looking for. Things like solid construction, large open areas, high ceilings, operable windows, and plenty of space to grow.
- What are those big green tanks for that I see sitting next to your building?
We have (4) 1,500-gallon tanks sitting on grade that we use to collect rainwater, which we reuse for flushing toilets and watering the garden.
- That’s a pretty cool idea … any other green things?
Yes, lots. We’ve installed photovoltaic solar collectors, dug up some parking and planted an organic vegetable garden, installed super-efficient HVAC and lighting systems and much more.
- Wow, that’s impressive … is it worth it?
Absolutely. We don’t have money to waste and we are proving how these things can be done without much expense … it just takes some sensible strategy.
- Why are you doing all this?
First, because we care. We like to say that, “We Walk The Talk” and not only talking about minimizing waste and reducing our carbon footprint, but living it. We want to set the example for our industry and the community, to show that we are doing our best and, to prove it, by achieving a LEED Certification for the building.
- For which disciplines can B-CAD provide CAD support?
Architectural, Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Plumbing & Electrical.
- What other CAD-related services does B-CAD offer?
3D Graphics, Animation, Field Verifications, File Conversions, Printing/Plotting.
- What kind of Field Verifications is B-CAD experienced with?
Building Floor Plans & Elevations, Furniture Layouts, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Systems, Equipment Information & Layouts.
- Will you place a CAD Operator at our site to help us with a Project?
We will, if needed, but generally we find more efficiencies if the work is accomplished at our office. This is because the CAD operator has instant access to the entire knowledgeable B-CAD Team and other equipment and software routines that expedite production.
PRINTING, LAMINATING & MOUNTING
- What kind of Printing Equipment do you have?
We have a variety of equipment. Our largest printers can output 3ft wide by 20ft long drawings in black & white or color, as well as small format printers that can print down to 4″ by 6″.
- What size print jobs can you handle?
We can print one sheet or thousands of sheets based on each client’s needs.
- Do you have a delivery service?
Yes. We have our own delivery truck and can deliver to any local establishment. Our local delivery service provides the benefit of personal care for your delivery needs. Deliveries to long-distant clients are typically sent overnight, via UPS or FedEx.
- Can I have my drawing laminated or mounted?
Yes, either or both. We can laminate any document size up to 3ft by 20ft or mount it on black or white foam board.
- What are your Instructors Training Qualifications?
Our instructors have extensive production experience with the software they teach. They are also Autodesk Certified and go thru regular training to keep on top of the latest versions.
- Does B-CAD have any Training Certifications?
Yes, B-CAD is an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC).
- What Courses do you teach?
We give instruction for most of the Autodesk Design Software products that relate to Building Design, such as AutoCAD and Revit as they relate to Architecture and MEP. We also provide training for BIM 360 Docs, Autodesk’s Online Collaboration software.
- What if I just want training for certain sections of the program?
This is a common request and we can provide any level of training. B-CAD will meet with you and review the official Courseware Outline to jointly decide on the specific topics/sections desired. We will then provide you with an official outline along with a Cost and Schedule.
- Can I earn AIA/CEU’s for the training time?
Yes. As an Autodesk Authorized Training Center, our courses are certified to award AIA/CEU’s.
- What Document Management Services does B-CAD offer?
B-CAD assists the client with all levels of Document Management, including, sorting, scanning, image cleanup, and indexing.
- I have a nightmare of drawings that have piled up over the years, can you help with that?
Most of our clients call us in to deal with exactly this. We generally bring all the drawings back to our office using the B-CAD truck and staff. We have a proven system to sort, scan, and return your drawings in an organized manner.
- What types of documents can B-CAD scan?
B-CAD scans all sizes, from 35mm aperture cards to large format design drawings. The media can be paper, vellum, sepia, mylar or mounted on foam board.
- Does B-CAD have the capability to scan in color?
Yes, B-CAD can scan any document size in color.
- Can B-CAD also provide the Management Software?
B-CAD provides a Turn-Key System, including software, installation, and training.